Women can do everything. From reaching the moon to scaling mountains – they are well capable of doing even the laborious unconventional tasks that were not meant to be. In the 21st century, women have to leverage the opportunity, scope and logical thinking in their favor.
Instead, women’s trust factor within themselves is somewhere lost in the battle of feminism and political upmanship. On the contrary, Women really need to trust themselves more rather than looking up to others for their own socio-economic development and well-being.
During the last US Presidential Elections 2016, the entire world prayed for the then US Secretary of the State Hillary Clinton’s victory out of emotion since the US has elected no female president ever in the history.
However, she was a non-performer and controversial figure. From deletion of emails from the official server to mishandling of Libyan crisis (When the US embassy was burnt down in Benghazi in 2012), the then secretary of the state Hillary Clinton has completely failed to manage those crises.
Even, Hillary Clinton once advocated for a child rapist in a 1975 court case and successfully defended him too. Yet, she still preaches for child rights and women empowerment and has an enormous fan support too.
So, nothing is translucent. Everything aspect has its black and white aspect too. Rather than putting blind faith in somebody, women need to empower themselves individually with right thoughts, education and self-defense techniques to lead a good, safe and dignified life.
Why Are Women Losing Trust on Others?
- The deceitful behavior of men.
- Exploitation at a workplace.
- Rampant Domestic Violence.
- Relegating the status of a woman by another woman.
- The gap of Gender Parity still exists.
- Unequal pay for same work (Income inequality between men and women)
- Many women have inherent tendency to consider every other person as a potential aggressor leading to their lack of trust in others.
Why Should Women Now Stop Blaming Others?
You can’t take the world so naively. It has several people having different thought processes and intentions. Though not everyone is an inherent criminal or male chauvinist, but your own safety and well-being are paramount.
You can’t always blame the law enforcement agency for everything. Common, you have to behave rationally too. Here is the checklist for every woman;
- Don’t consider marriage as the “end of life” or beginning of a “heavenly journey”. It’s just a phase of life, accept it gracefully.
- Marital rape and domestic violence should be vehemently opposed from the day one.
- You should have enough education and skills to lead a happy life.
- Any physical harassment at an office or public place should be dealt with an iron hand at an appropriate forum.
- Learning same self-defense techniques could be extremely helpful to fightback incase of a threat.
- Never settle for anything lesser than equal pay for equal work. Fight for it or else start your own business venture and be an example for others to follow.
- Finally, discourage people, be it men or women, who try to demean your accomplishment and discourage you too often.
Women have to believe in themselves. Trusting oneself is the beginning of a social change. Be good, strong and rational. Women need to trust themselves more rather than blaming others for exploitation.
The aftermath of Second World War saw a massive development in women’s self-confidence and self-belief as they had to raise their children sans male members. Always consider yourself independent and keep your confidence level high – that’s all.
Categories: Global Issues