“The old order changeth yielding place to new” ― Alfred Tennyson
Around two-hundred years back, great poet Alfred Tennyson coined the above phrase. He didn’t know how much the world would change in the later days. With each passing year, people are developing improved devices and technological equipments for their own help.
It won’t be wrong to say that people have now become far more luxurious, advanced and busier than before. With 2017 just round the corner, let’s analyze some of the upcoming technology trends that are sure to sweep the rug from under your feet.
- Smart Home: Over the last few years, smart home concept is gaining ground for its cool user experiences. A customer can now easily manage several home appliances using a single master-remote control.
- Self-driving Cars: It’s another technological innovation that’s setting the agenda for driver-less vehicles. If selfdriving cars become a reality in the near future than its biggest beneficiaries will be the people who wish to use cars but don’t have enough money to pay to drivers.
- Increasing use of Phone Apps: Be it online shopping or calling your cab via super cool apps like Ola and Uber, in 2017 we need to get ourselves acquainted with the online mobile usage at the earliest.
- Synthetic foods to overtake natural ones: A lot of synthetic foods will find their way inside our refrigerators in the next few months. As the clamor for synthetic foods is growing aloud, the food processing technology will grow by leap and bounds soon. Reportedly, synthetic foods will become staple food from next year onwards. Tissue engineering will get a boost to grow food like eggs, meat and dairy.
- Soft Robots: Forget the metallic robots that we always relate to every time the word crops up. In the next few years, the entire connotation of robot and robotics will get changed. You may actually see robots resembling humans from next year onwards. They will be robots with a human essence. SoftRobotics Gripper has already started the technological innovation in this regard. Use of elector active polymers, elastomer is expected to be used while creating Soft Robotics.
- Space Management: A giant leap has already been made in the world of volume-space explorations. Low-cost sensors are being developed to help people know how to use their owned space judiciously. The world is becoming compact day by day – probably that’s the reason why scientists and engineers are looking for alternative ways to accommodate more machines and equipments in lesser space.
- Precision Medicine: Probably you are hearing it for the first time. Precision medicine means “one-size-fits-all” methodology that is based on algorithm and data of patients. In California, the research on the subject has already begun and many doctors are advised by the authorities to initiate proper communication with patients to understand their social, environment and economical context while diagnosing diseases.
- Drones will be put to good use: Drones which were until now associated with wars will soon be put to good use. Rwanda is developing a first-of-its-kind drone airport to provide medicines and foods to needy and helpless people in rural areas. It could be extremely beneficial to people living inside the war-torn remotest part of the country. These medicines will be cheap, affordable and highly effective.
- E-transactions: People will probably forget going to bank from next year onwards. Payment via e-wallets, cards and digital transactions is getting more prominence these days. No longer, you need to roam with cash – instead all transactions can be made using the plastic money.