Is it really necessary to refrain from kissing someone who you love more than anything else on Valentine’s Day? In fact, the day is all about expressing your love and feeling for one-another. Everybody wishes to kiss his or her partner on this day. With Valentine’s Day just a few months away from us let us first analyze the possible reasons why kissing is strict no-no without doctor’s confirmation.
Following the Valentine’s Day celebration, there is almost sudden splurge in serious diseases. These not just include big ones like STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases), AIDS (Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome) and Syphilis, but several other diseases too.
Kissing your loved one without adequate protection can even land you at ICU (Intensive Care Unit) at hospital. Well, the writer doesn’t have any intention to scare you about your love life but just to put things in perspective and how to avoid catching kiss-related diseases.
Top 5 Serious Diseases That Spread Via Kiss
1) Gingivitis: This disease is mainly caused due to spit, but when you are kissing somebody you won’t have any control over yourself. Suppose you are kissing your partner and he is already having gingivitis bacteria, then there is every possibility that you may also get infected.
In French kiss, some more oral organs are involved – through which such bacteria may invade your body. A red and painful gum is the first symptom of gingivitis but again don’t panic without doctor’s confirmation.
2) Herpes: It is another serious disease that can infect you after having some cozy romantic sessions with your partner. So what? Around fifty per cent of the world populace is affected due to herpes simplex 1 (HSV-1) in one form or another. If you kiss somebody having cut or infected lesion in their mouth, then it’s quite natural that you may also catch the disease. If either you or your partner have a lesion – it’s better to stop kissing and get yourself medically examined.
3) Syphilis: The virus of Syphilis could easily transmit to another person’s body when you kiss each other. Though sexual contacts are viewed as the common reason to catch Syphilis – that doesn’t mean you take kissing easy. If you have developed such types of sore then you must get it medically examined without any delay. A certain dosage of doctor-recommended Antibiotics could be really helpful in such cases.
4) Meningitis: There is no guarantee that mere kissing can cause you meningitis. But it’s true that if your partner is suffering from it and you come in direct contact with him, then it might invade your body too. No kissing or physical contact is recommended under such a scenario.
5) Mononucleosis Infection: It is the nagging disease that any person can catch after kissing his or her partner. This virus is easily transmissible by way of kissing. Sore throat, fatigue and swollen lymph nodes are the symptoms of this disease. With adequate bed rest, plenty of fluids and nutritious food you can easily cure this disease.
This Valentine’s Day, don’t take any risk. First get yourself and your partner checked from a qualified doctor and be confirmed that you two are carrying no virus or bacteria inside your bodies. Then definitely, both of you can plunge into kissing and even spending a night together.
Categories: Valentine's Day