Someone has said it right that a book is the man’s best friend. Books have the capacity to guide a person walk on the righteous direction even if it is full of thorns and obstacles. Such is the enigma of reading. You can’t find anything else as much fascinating and enthralling as the books.
It’s an amazing idea if you could start the fresh dawn of 2016 with a resolution to read at least 10 novels this year. Books will certainly help you battle against all problems of life and try your best at whatever you do. Ideally, you should read a combination of both fictional and non-fictional books to perceive the world of reality in a more comprehensive manner.
1) Robison Crusoe: This novel was written by Daniel Defoe some 296-year-ago but its relevance still continues. Man Friday, one of the most important characters in the story, demonstrates that no matter how big your problem is god always sends someone for your help. Now, without reading the book thoroughly, you can’t have its answer.
2) The Alchemist: As I told you at the start of this article that a book can completely transform your life, this famous book does the same. The book, written by Paulo Coelho, revolves around a shepherd’s journey to find treasure. Only after reading the whole book, you will get the answer that he will succeed or not.
3) I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings: This autobiographical piece from Maya Angelou is a story of an unusual courage and determination. Definitely, this is the book that you must read this New Year. Each page of the novel unfolds various hardships of life with which the author went through. The book will surely inspire you to work harder and becoming strong.
4) A Brief History of Time: This non-fiction book from Stephen Hawking is still regarded as his masterpiece. The ace scientist delves deep into several aspects of sky and the universe. No doubt, if you read this fascinating novel, then you will learn a lot of new things about Cosmology, black holes, big-bang and others. For a thrilling start to 2016, you can read it.
5) Alice in the wonderland: Lewis Carroll, the author of this novel, was a master story teller. The book might have already become 150-year old but its charisma still continues. I can assure you that the journey of Alice in the Wonderland will take you to a different world on the very first day of the year. Don’t miss to read it.
6) The Power of Less: This is a unique novel that describes how people can live a peaceful life by eliminating demand for all other unnecessary things. Ultimately, life is all about contentment and it’s better to focus on your goals then diverting your attention elsewhere. Writer Leo Babauta explained the concept so beautifully that it will surely transform your life for better.
7) The 7 habits of highly effective people: Every one of us wants to become successful, but none of us have a ready-made formula for it. This interesting novel is all about re-inventing oneself. Stephen R Covey, the author of the book, presents some easy steps by which anyone can climb the ladder of success.
8) Eat, Pray, Love: The author of this novel, Elizabeth Gilbert, travelled all across the world in search of solace. Now, what she got during her tour may keep you fascinated until you finished reading the last line of this novel. I definitely advice you all to read the novel and appreciate the magnificent work of the author.
9) The Monk Who Sold his Ferrari: This book is about dynamics of life. Robin Sharma, the author of the book mentioned several vital aspects of a happy life. It’s going to be a wonderful experience to turn each page of this extremely motivational book as the days of New Year 2016 unfold before us.
10) Treasure Island: This world famous novel, written by R.L Stevenson, is a story of few adventurous spirits who went on a voyage in search of treasure. The story captures the excitement of the voyage that keeps readers glued to the book. You can definitely pick this book for the New Year. Both children and adults have liked this novel all across the world for the last hundred years and more.