Aadhaar Card number refers to a 12-digit unique number provided to the Indian citizens by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), a central government agency. Apart from adults, now parents can get the Aadhaar number for their children too. However, parents should have a valid birth document of their kid while applying for Aadhaar card.
Parents need to reach any Aadhaar card facilitation centers spread all across India to get their kids enrolled to the nation’s UIADI scheme. A kid has to attain 15-year of age before his parents can apply for his or her Aadhaar Card with biometric details intact. Aadhaar cards for kids can also be issued without biometric details for kids below 15 years of age.
Important Documents for Parents
#1) Parent’s identity card and proof of address are necessary while enrolling their child for an issue of an Aadhaar card.
#2) The birth document of the child such as the birth certificate.
#3) Parents should also present their Aadhaar Cards while enrolling their child for the scheme.
In some rare cases, parents may need to get Aadhar card for their little ones below 5 years. In that case, only the demographic details of the parents of these kids will be sought. Biometric details tend to change frequently after 5 years. So, occasional updates might be required after 10 years.
Advantages of Aadhaar Card for Children
One time registration. The number would stay same for a lifetime.
Parents of kids from 6 months to 5 years can apply for Aadhaar card.
It may require biometric data updation after a few years. Until, the child turns 15.
In current times, Aadhaar card has emerged out as the most important document. It serves both as a POI (Proof of Identity) and even POA (Proof of Address) in some cases.
Everyone is entitled to one Aadhaar Card only irrespective of his or her age or gender.
Applying for an Aadhaar Card for Your Kids: Complete Procedure
1) Log on to UIADI official website. And open the registration link.
2) Fill in the forms carefully furnishing every detail that it asked from you.
3) Fill demographic details such as the full address, location, state and etc.
4) Select “Fix Appointment” button. It would allot you an Aadhaar card enrolment center with a date of an appointment.
5) Reach the Aadhaar center on the date of an appointment. Keep original document of your proof of address and identity.
6) The person at the Aadhaar Center will verify all documents of the parents.
7) If the child is 5+ years, then his biometric details will be taken. If not, it’s not required.
8) You will be given an acknowledgement number and slip as a proof of your application.
9) You will receive an SMS indicating whether your application was successful or not.
10) If your application was successful, you will receive the Aadhaar Card for your kids within the next 60 days. If it was rejected then you have to resubmit again with updated information.