After a spectacular opening on Day 1, SATTE 2017 begins on day 2 with the same enthusiastic audience. I made it on time for this event today, with a new pair of formal shoes, and a better planning strategy. The first panel discussion taking place today is on niche and experiential tourism.
Here are the key takeaways:
- Experiential travel is a multi billion dollar market. In US alone there are 67000 businesses in the experiential travel sector.
- Cruise wedding is emerging as a new trend in India.
- Tourism has grown in Kerala due to traditional ayurveda
- Innovative tourism practices such as floating cottages have been successful in attracting tourists at locations such as Kerala.
- There is a need to push the inclusion of Ayurvedic treatments in travel insurance plans to promote Ayurvedic medication on a global scale.
- Service acts as the key differentiation for travel sector propositions.
- Indian tourism needs to be promoted often, and on a larger scale for better inbound tourism.
That’s all I have in store for today.
SATTE 2017 is a great platform for B2B marketing, and I highly recommend that travel operators must attend this event for optimum business leads and collaborations.