Reading Time: 3 minutes
Image source: Gayot.com
Every time you travel abroad the safety of your luggage should be the top priority. The worst experience often suffered by the tourists is the loss of luggage at the airport or railway stations. The authority might ask you to file a written complaint but as a matter of fact once a luggage is gone – you can’t get it any away.
It may shatter you completely while destroying your joy of visiting another city or nation. However, the invention of several useful apps in the last couple of years, you will be surprised to know that there are quite a few smart luggage tracking apps as well. These apps help travelers to get back their lost luggage.
1) Trakdot: It is a tiny app that is inserted into your travel bag. This app works in tandem with your smartphone number and informs you about the exact location where the luggage has accidentally misplaced. Trackdot works with AA battery and is GPS enabled.
2) CHIPOLO – You have to attach Chipolo app on your travel bag and then connect the same on your smartphone as well. Every time you connect Chipolo using your smartphone it will start ringing.
3) LugLoc (Luggage Locator): It tracks your luggage in less than $100. This device works on battery and has 15-day functioning. It transmits important information to the owner including the exact location of the luggage. This app works with phone based GSM-GPRS system.
4) Fly Delta App: Delta passengers offer downloading of fly delta app to its customers. It helps customers to track their bags during the flight. A customer has to enter the number of the bag receipt or even barcode number to track the lost bag. Interestingly, Windows, android and blackberry users can also use this app.
5) DEEPLE: It is an online Lost & Found app. It saves time and helps a traveler or tourist track down his personal luggage! QR tag comes with the DEEPLE app is designed for suitcases, bags and keys. You can attach it to your luggage anytime and anywhere.
6) DUET BY PROTAG – A person losing a phone loses a lot of thing – his selfies, family pictures and contact lists. This app is specifically useful to get back one’s phone just when it is about to go missing.
7) Magellan’s Retriever Tags: These are some of the simple workable tags. It supports eight languages and asks the baggage agents to send the luggage to a traveler’s destination instead of sending the same to a traveler’s home. This app is in full use in Tahiti (France) – where people and the authority use it in large numbers to help travelers retrieve their lost bags.
8) GARMIN GTU 10 GPS TRACKING UNIT: It is one of the most light-weighted, portable and effective waterproof GPS locators. It uses the GPS-enabled system to track the lost luggage. A user can track GTU 10 app on the company website to get more details about his lost luggage.
9) OKOBAN : Currently, OKOBAN is the leading airline luggage tracking system. It is in use since 2009. Around 400 airlines at over 2,800 airports worldwide use OKOBAN to help people find their lost baggage successfully. It’s a Japanese company and adds a unique number to your items for tracking purpose. It is highly effective and prompt as well.
10) Global Bag Tag: It is one of the oldest luggage tracker systems operating since 1999. Members get a login code from the website that lets the officials stick a tag on to a luggage with a unique serial number. This app alerts you with the exact location of the luggage so that you can trace out the same easily.