Whenever you search anything on a search engine, thousands of results appear on your screen. But we usually deal with the first 10 to 50 items and simply ignore the rest. This is when the SEO strategy comes to play. There can’t be any compromise on it. The website acts as a bridge between a business firm and its far-flung customers. So having a professional website or e-commerce outlet for your business means more success and credibility.
An attractive website with proper SEO strategy is the need of the hour for your business to survive amidst the current level of cut-throat competition. A well-designed website enhances the reliability and goodwill of a business firm.
There are a million of websites that are dealing in similar products – so your website has to be attractive and informative enough to fetch more visitors to your site on a frequent basis. Google and other search engines change their web-crawling policy from time to time so a website needs to be well-versed with the knowledge of search engine algorithms and analytics.
- Informative Content: The golden rule of SEO is to provide accurate information to your customer in no time. Earlier, Google considered long contents more useful for SEO purposes, but in the last few months the trend has completely changed; users now want maximum information to be conveyed in just a few words!
- Voice Search: Over the last few years, Google voice search facility is helping a lot of users to search whatever they want. It is highly beneficial to visually impaired users who can search using the voice search option. Keywords you are using for SEO purposes should be easy to understand. For example; a customer searching “Top toy retail stores USA” is expected to fetch better result than “Top toy stores”. Try to make the search more appropriate using astute keywords.
- Loading time: It is another essential Google trend that is set to rule 2017. No business owner wants his website to have high bounce rate and slow loading rate. On an average, a website that takes less than 2-second to launch its home page gets more visitors and traffic than the ones that take more time.
- It’s HTTPs and Not HTTP: The sudden spurt in cyber-crimes and online frauds including fraudulent shopping, bank account hacking, and deceptive fund transfer have made users somewhat cautious. Nobody wants to get his hard-earned money to go to the drains due to rampant online frauds. Therefore, an e-commerce portal must access the full HTTPS address instead of the simple HTTP. The “S” indicates the “secured” so in the coming months Google will definitely give a better ranking to sites having “https” tag. Website domains with a prefixed HTTPS tag are sure to be more search-friendly than the ones that do not have that tag. Getting a secured server and SSL certificate is indeed a good idea to win the faith of the customers.
- Social Media Content Is Necessary: These days, when you search an online retail shop, it’s the social media profile of the company that appears on the top of Google search result page. So, writing interesting contents and useful snippets of your company or brand is necessary to boost your SEO strategy. Your social media profile must be up to date with the latest facts and information.
- Keywords: Astute Keyword stuffing would be on the top of the mind of companies from the next year onwards. Since the business competition is huge nowadays, so using standardized and unique keywords on the web pages is ideal to enhance your website visibility and accomplish higher ranking on SERP (search engine result page).
In a nutshell, we can conclude here with the following 6 golden rules of website SEO execution; content, speed, reliability, social media, keywords and voice search.