One thing that is just inseparable from New Year is analyzing how you spent the last year and whether it went as per your expectation or not. While a few people may answer in the affirmative but as a matter of fact most people would agree that the last year wasn’t the one he expected it to be. There must have been some mistakes from his side.
Here are some of the things that you must not do this New Year for your betterment. After all, human life is all about striving for perfection and excellence.
1) Overeating and Laziness: Honestly speaking, these are the beginning of making your life more problematic. Overeating is a very bad habit. This practice must be stopped. Laziness is another bad habit that you also forego this year. When people sit idle they eat more, and similarly when people indulge in overeating; this makes them feel heavy and laziness as well. These two are interrelated to each other.
2) Killing Time on Social Media: According to a recent survey, social media has emerged to be the main pastime for youths. This is definitely not a good sign. Staying active on social media for long hour means staying cut off from the society. This does affect our inter-personal skills. What’s more shocking is the fact that it has taken the form of addiction when people never mind spending more than three-four hours on internet.
3) Give up the habit of being late: Be it office or home, Punctuality is a good sign of your focus towards professional and home life. This new year onward give up the habit of reaching your home or office late and try to stay as punctual as possible most of the time.
4) Be sober and calm: You are grown up now, be sensible and try to behave accordingly. This things sound heroic during childhood but not any longer. Learn the art of forgiving and don’t hold grudge against anybody. In case of any misunderstanding you should reach out to that person and discuss freely with him or her.
5) Don’t be spendthrift: Instead of spending money on useless things, try to save it. It is actually a good habit because it helps you from the uncertainties of future. Be practical; you won’t need so many things at once, when you actually need only a handful of things. Remember it always you go to shopping spree next time.
6) Don’t Overburden Yourself With Debt: If you can actually manage your day to day expenditure without taking debt then don’t indulge in such things. By taking debt you will actually part ways with your hard earned money in the form of interest. Rather I suggest you to go for debt for personal loan only when your income is little enough to fulfill your dream of buying a new house or car.
7) Avoid Stress and Tension: Don’t focus on problems, try to focus on the solution instead. Everybody is suffering from one problem or other but that doesn’t mean we should always think about negative things only. Learn the art of stress management and try to stay happy and tension free.
8) Give Farewell to your Addiction Habit: Just stop it this year. You should know that cigarette doesn’t do any good to your health but may actually affect your body severely in the long run. Occasional smoking is okay, but you should avoid it as much as possible.
9) Don’t Watch TV for Long: Watching TV is necessary for entertainment purpose but not at the cost of your 8 hour sleep. Rather I suggest you to watch TV for a couple of hours and don’t fail to complete your 8 hour sleep. This new year keep a limit to it.
10) Don’t avoid Reading and Writing: I know it’s not easy to concentrate on books and novels when you have a plenty of gadgets at your disposal. But try to ensure that you read and write at least with 2 pages daily without any aid from gadgets. These are good habits and can be an enlightening exercise without any fear of getting distracted due to ever-flooded apps that rule the gadgets.